Ever since we got married, our Thanksgivings have been with friends. I always volunteer to bring “appetizers” (and desserts) I can’t tell you how nice it is to bring something unique, flavorful, and EASY to make.
A few years ago I found this recipe on BUZZFEED, and it has been a CROWD FAVORITE.
Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Bites
3 large Sweet Potato
1 package Whipped cream cheese
1 package Pecans
(you can do bacon instead of pecans, for a
more savory flavor.)
1 TBL Olive Oil
dash of salt and pepper
+ prep time
+ cool down = 60 minutes
- prep sweet potatoes: wash, dry, slice into 1/2 inch disks, toss in olive oil. (as pictured)
- Place on paper-lined cookie sheet, and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Roast at 375 for 40 minutes, flipping them after 20 minutes. I like mine to be crispy, but the most important thing is that they are cooked all the way through.
- Allow time to cool!! (room temp)
- Whipped Cream Cheese: spread on each piece (as desired.)
- Top them off with either your chopped/toasted pecans, or bacon.
THESE ARE AMAZING! Enjoy!